- Our therapists can offer educational seminars which tailor specifically to team or client requirements.
- Topics can include issues as Head Injuries (concussions), prophylactic taping, strength and conditioning, stretching protocols, and other issues at request.
- Seminars will include both a theory and practical component.
- The purpose of these seminars is to enhance the knowledge and stress the importance of physical activity to various sport groups in the region.
- Therapists can provide on field immediate care of athletic injuries.
- The Oakville Sports Medicine Centre customizes and Emergency Action Plan prior to each event
- Trained in skills such as: spinal board procedures, applying and measuring for an appropriate size collar, helmet removal, splinting, acute and chronic wound care, and dealing with environmental injuries (heat and cold)
- Able to make a "return to play" decision based on an on/off field assessment
- Highly trained in CPR and First Aid to treat injuries appropriately and safely
- Able to deal with life threatening emergency situations to ensure appropriate care
- Work with variety of athletes from recreational to elite levels
- Recognition of neurological dysfunction and the implementation of appropriate care
- Utilize therapeutic techniques which incorporate supportive taping procedures to ensure a safe re-integration to the athletes’ sport